Mar 24, 2010

Congressional Candidate Debate in the 3rd District (Thursday, March 25): Comparing Apples-to-Apples

Written by Roberta Biros

For those of us concerned citizens that reside in the 3rd Congressional District, the upcoming debate of the Republican Congressional Candidates is a MUST SEE. The details were published by my friends at The Herald HERE. Here are the specifics:

Date:

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Time:

7PM

Where:

Grove City College, Schict Auditorium of the Hall of Arts and Letters

Why:

This meeting with give the six candidates that are trying to de-thrown Congresswoman Dahlkemper the opportunity to pit themselves against each other. It will provide us with the ability to compare apples-to-apples in this very heated race. We need to get to the details, and this debate MIGHT just do that.

Who will be there?

Attendees will include concerned citizens like myself. I urge you all to attend.

The six candidates that are running in the May Primary on the Republican ticket are . . .

  • Steven M. Fisher, 52, Cochranton, a health insurance salesman.
  • Ed Franz, 48, a Conneautville hourly worker at General Electric Corp. in Erie.
  • Mike Kelly, 61, a Butler car dealership owner.
  • Clayton Grabb, 47, a Butler pharmaceutical salesman.
  • Dr. Martha Moore, 52, a Sandy Lake family practitioner.
  • Paul Huber, 65, a Meadville businessman.

In Closing

I've had an opportunity to speak with all of the candidates personally. I have had at-length discussions with three . . . Steven Fisher, Mike Kelly, and Ed Franz. I like all three. Fisher, Kelly, and Franz all have "a backbone" and "a clear and fiscal conservative vision" for the people of the 3rd Congressional District. Most importantly, these three all get points in the "likeability" column.

Clayton Grabb seems to be a stand up guy. I like his "independence from Party" stand, and I think his military background is a bonus. He also gets points in the "likeability" column.

Dr. Martha Moore and Paul Huber leave me empty.

For additional details regarding these candidates, please review my article titled "Anyone for a game of political hot potato (Part One)?: Misuse of Legislative Resources ".

I will attend the event, and I will report the highlights back to you in this forum.

As always, just my opinion.

~Mercer Conservatives

No comments:

Post a Comment