Feb 13, 2010

PA GOP Facebook Administrator Deletes My Comments Critical Of The Committee's Decision To Endorse Candidates

I love how comments can suddenly disappear on the PA GOP Facebook page. Today I have been following closely the GOP State Committee's endorsements of candidates running for statewide races on the organizations Facebook page. So, I decided to comment on the announcement that the committee has voted to endorse Attorney General Tom Corbett for Governor. I stated the following partial to voice my unhappiness with the party and to respond to someone who implied that State Representative Sam Rohrer was a Harrisburg insider.
A vote for an open primary would have been a better option. Second you are a fool to think that Tom Corbett isn't a Harrisburg insider.
I then returned to the PA GOP Facebook page later and was surprised to see that my comment was deleted by the administrator. So I re posted the following:
"I love how things can suddenly get deleted on the PA GOP facebook page. Let me say this again. A vote for an open primary would have been a better option. Second you are a fool to think that Tom Corbett isn't a Harrisburg insider. Please do not delete this again. I am an registered republican and financially support the party. Thank You."
Let see if they delete my comments again. To be continued.........

Hey I got a response from the PA GOP Facebook page administrator.
Mr. Potter,

We appreciate your desire to express your opinion on the PA GOP fan page wall. However, the PA GOP cannot support comments that slanderize our process or our candidates. We would appreciate if you could refrain from posting comments that are derogatory.

The facebook fan page is a positive messaging tool that the PA GOP uses to share news and excitement about our races and candidates. I apologize that the deletion of your posts may be offensive. However, it would simply not be rational for the PA GOP to allow such posts to remain.

Sincere Thanks.
Michael Glick
Deputy Technology Director
PA GOP
Apparently my comments were too slanderous and not positive enough for Mr. Glick. So I sent him this message in response.
Dear Mr. Glick. Please remove the comment that implies that candidate Sam Rohrer is a Harrisburg insider and will "provide more of the same". I do believe that is slanderize towards Mr. Rohrer.
Here is Mr. Glick's response to my request.
Sir, please refrain from making posts that are not supportive of the PA GOP's candidates or messaging. You will be blocked from participating if you continue. If you have a request, feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.
However Mr. Glick has allowed the following comment to remain posted on the PA GOP's Facebook page blasting Sam Rohrer.......

From Facebook member Johnny Leschinskie
Tom Corbett is the guy to do the job. Sam Rohrer has been in Harrisburg and I believe he'll provide us more of the same. Tom Corbett looked more confident in last night's debate. Tom Corbett will make a great Governor. He kept his promises as Attorney General so why should anyone second-guess his credibility?
If your comments have been deleted or if you want to voice your concerns to Mr. Glick. The following is his contact information. Click Here for Mr. Michael Glick's Facebook profile or email him at jmichaelglick@gmail.com.

7 comments:

  1. Dave from Bellwood1:55 PM

    Randy,

    when will you understand and accept that the GOP is not about the people ... it's about the leadership??

    The only way to get the GOP to be for the people is to dismantle the party, topple the leadership, and either rebuild it or force a strong third party into the system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a troublemaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it Gort. How have you been my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GirlFriday10:24 PM

    Randy, you are my hero. Well said, Man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm sorry if the following also critiques you, as you are doing the lord's work.

    But someone should have told Mr. Glick that "slanderize" is barely a word, and "slanders" would have done a fine job in its spot.

    No big deal, really, except for the fact that this Glick fellow is a Communications man. He gets paid money to write.

    We just do it for the love of the Commonwealth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:23 PM

    Sent the following to Michael Glick via the email provided:

    Mr. Glick when you make reference to "your process," and "your candidates," you show just how far from reality the GOP has strayed. This is not YOUR process, and neither are these YOUR candidates. Both are OURS, and despite the gross liberty the GOP has unilaterally awarded itself, you have no exclusivity toward either.

    ReplyDelete