Apr 15, 2020

PA Small Business Owner Defies Governor Wolf’s Order. Says He Is Open For Business

I own a small business in PA (for over 8 years). When the 'recommendation' came to close all non-essential businesses, I did not close.  They said 14 days to flatten the curve on 3/16.  They ordered all non-essential businesses such as mine to close on 3/19 so I did out of fear of being arrested/fined/jailed.

Of course they extended the orders to 4/30 for stay at home and "indefinitely" for non-essential biz closures.  I didn't care.  I gave them until 3/31 like they wanted initially and so I opened back up on 4/1. Yep against 'orders'.

I have no license the state can revoke (like restaurants/bars/etc) and I can't afford to lose customers exponentially any longer, so I reached out to some of my customers to inform them that I'm back in business.

I'm still open but am not announcing it in a major way until 4/30. I have customers coming now daily!

Sure, I still lose business and have gotten a few "shame on you" emails, but I'm satisfying customers and staving off bankruptcy - no thanks to the Governor.  I applied for aid (loan) last month while closed, havent received any.  So it's up to ME to save myself the only way I know...stay open and take care of my essential livelihood.

I will not allow my civil liberties to be taken away.

Stop the bullshit posturing and empty words and stand up for yourself!  Take back your freedom - not by commenting or marching/protesting, but by opening back up and supporting other businesses who do!  I have and am walking the walk so I'm not some troll prognosticating on FB. It takes guts but fortune favors the bold!

If you want to stay in your home sheltered until the year 2025, please feel free. But what you're not going to do is shame other Americans who want to get back to work and back to normal life - and believe this country should be reopened on 4/30. No way...There is power in numbers.  Open back up on 5/1 or before! 

No comments:

Post a Comment