Jan 25, 2012

Saying Goodbye to JoePA

Joe Paterno's Funeral Procession
1-25-2012
Rest in Peace Joe!

Today I said goodbye to coach Joe Paterno the greatest football coach in college football history. It is difficult to describe all the feelings and emotion as I watched the funeral procession go by. It was all a surreal moment for me. Everyone along the street pretty much remained quiet as Joe passed. We honored the man that did so many things, helped so many people, and made us all proud to say "We Are Penn State". Although that is what all of us were shouting from our hearts.

At that moment a part my childhood just flashed before my eyes. The first football game I ever watched was Penn State vs Miami in the 1987 Fiesta Bowl. From that moment all I wanted to do was play football for coach Paterno. I can't believe it was so long ago now.

I was only 10 years old at the time. I watched the game with my grandfather in his living room on his old floor model, black and white TV. My grandfather passed away a couple of years ago and now Joe Paterno is gone. It is truly an end of an era in my life and here in Central Pennsylvania.

JoePA made us so proud of our university and our team. He made us proud to be from Central Pennsylvania because he probably loved this place more than we did. He made us all believers! My thoughts and prayers are with the Paterno family tonight. Life with out Joe is something we all will have to face together.

I Will Never Stop Believing In You Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment