Jan 21, 2012

Onward State Managing Editor Resigns Following False Report

Devon Edwards, managing editor of Penn State student blog Onward State, has released the following statement on their Facebook page following the false report that former Nittany Lions coach Joe Paterno had died Saturday night. CBSSports.com attributed their original story to this website.
Earlier this evening, Onward State reported that Joe Paterno had passed away. However, the mountain of evidence stacked opposite that report is too much to ignore. At this time, I would like to issue a retraction of our earlier tweets ...

There are no excuses for what we did. We all make mistakes, but it’s impossible to brush off one of this magnitude. Right now, we deserve all of the criticism headed our way ...

I will be stepping down from my post as Managing Editor, effective immediately. I take full responsibility for the events that transpired tonight, and for the black mark upon the organization that I have caused.

I ask not for your forgiveness, but for your understanding. I am so very, very, sorry, and we at Onward State continue to pray for Coach Paterno.

Sincerely,

Devon Edwards
Geesh talk about giving everyone a heart attack. What the hell are these guys trying to accomplish? What a mess and I don't think I will be placing OnwardState.Com on my favorites links list anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment