Dec 22, 2010

From the Management: PennPatriot Blog HD!

Dear PennPatriot Blog contributors and visitors,

PennPatriot Blog HD is now officially online and after a year and a half in retirement I have decided once again to start blogging on a consistant basis. The website has some cool new new features so enjoy PA news links and commentary. Plus I've added all the social networking features you need to share our links on facebook and twitter. I have also finally registered a domain name and the website url is now http://www.pennpatriotblog.com/ . So make sure you change your favorites, bookmarks and update your website links!

Today PennPatriot Blog officially turns five years old. I started this blog five years ago for the same reason Greg Palmer of the old school Keystone Politics started his website. Like Greg, I was tired of the the lack of or cookie cutter state media coverage of state politics. You know what I mean and you can probably can still remember articles that were actually press releases that only changed a few lines here and there and then was published. My goal has always been to raise political awareness and give people a place to find information on the issues that are impacting our state and our lives. I think for the past five years I have kept true to this blog's mission.

Starting this blog has been a great adventure. I have personally met and chated wtih some great state media personalities like Brad Bumsted of the Tribune-Review, Salena Zito, Tony Phyrillas, John Micek of the Alltenown Morning Call, John Bear of the Philadelphia Daily News. During the midnight pay raise scandal I was interviewed by the Patriot-News several times. I was a guest on National Public Radio with Gar Joseph of the Philadelphia Daily News and Lowman Henry of the Lincoln Institute. I've gotten to interview candidates for Governor and former Senator Rick Santorum. Legend has it that some of my posts have actually influenced the direction of the entire state. Just ask Representative Deweese who decided that being Majority Leader in the state house would be better than losing the Speaker pst to the once powerful Rep. Perzel from Philadelphia. I've seen tons of corruption and scandal from the pay raise to the now infamous bonus scandal. But perhaps the greatest thing about blogging has been all the people I have met that I would have never heard of if I never started blogging.

Thanks for all the support over the past five years.

Randy Potter
Editor/Webmaster
PennPatriot Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment