May 7, 2010

Latest On 'Titlegate'

Yesterday was a busy day.

First there was the two front page-top fold articles in the Milton Standard Journal and the Daily Item about my complaint against 85th District Legislative Candidate Maurice Brubaker. Then the day got interesting.

Newsradio WKOK was reporting the story on their On The Mark talk radio program invited me and Maurice to call in to the show. I was still deciding whether or not to call when Maurice called, so I called in as well. He made some interesting claims. He said there was an error by a campaign staffer early in the campaign. He said he never told anyone verbally that he was a public accountant. Then he said the first time he heard about the problem was yesterday(Wednesday).

That's when they told him I was on the other line and asked if he would be willing to talk to me live - the tone changed; he had to go . . . appointments to keep, you know. So I went on for about 10 minutes and made clear that Maurice was the one perpetuating the myths. I talked about the Republican Spring Fling and the Union Township Meeting which I blogged about previously. With recorded audio proving that Maurice not only did verbally claim to be a public accountant in a public meeting as well as the fact that he knew about the "error" Tuesday night, I think his goose may be cooked.

I found out also that the press release he sent out to correct the "error" also stated that he never said verbally that he was a public accountant. Maurice could have just come clean and apologized, but instead he continues to blame campaign staff, and lie about what he has said. You can listen to the radio exchange here. (right-click and select 'save target as' to save the audio to your computer)

After the radio exchange several radio stations of various types began broadcasting snippets of our comments on the radio during all their local newscasts. I have since emailed copies of the audio and transcript to local media. Who knows what today will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment